Take some time and browse our new website. Feel free to contact us with your comments
Updated: January 2012
Parent-Student Handbook 2012
Adobe Acrobat PDF
St Peter Prince of the Apostles School Website
- May 23
- 8:15am: Promotion Ceremonies - 4th & 5th/PH
- May 24
- 9:00am: Promotion Ceremonies - 6th & 7th/PH
- 10:30am: End of Year Parties
- 12:30pm: Last Day of School/ Early Dismisal
Looking for a school for your child?
Studies suggest you consider these five important factors:
Will the academics offered provide enough rigors for your child to be successful and help them achieve beyond the basics?
St. Peter’s is:
- A TWO-TIME winner of the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Offers rigorous curriculum delivered by 100% degreed teachers
- Member of the University of the Incarnate Word Brainpower Connection
- This year, 26 Students invited to participate in the Duke University Talent Search based on standardized test scores of 95% or higher.
Additionally, at St. Peter’s:
- More than 95% of our students go on to Catholic high schools with many achieving honor roll status and leadership positions in their schools.
- Members of the National Elementary Honor Society and the National Junior Honor Society
- Facilities include a state-of-the-art science lab, two libraries, two art and music studios
- Technology labs and participation in the Google Education software program
St. Peter’s Early Childhood Center for students age three and four features:
- Full-day PreK until 3p with optional afterschool programs until 6p.m.
- Degreed Teachers
- Full-time paraprofessional
- Early childhood Creative Curriculum® with weekly theme-based lessons
- Literacy circles (more than half of our four-year old students are reading!)
- The Writing Without Tears program teaching students how to form letters correctly in an engaging environment.
- Number Name Math Project that extends through K5 exploring not only numbers but concepts, reasoning and mathematical thinking
- Classroom technology and library time
- Big Brother and Sister Program where younger students and matched with older “mentor” students.
Will your student get that one-on-one attention at all levels of their education?
- Student-teacher ratio of 16-to-1 not including paraprofessionals and specials educators
- A full-time reading specialist
- Accelerated Reader Program linked between the classroom and the school libraries
- One-on-one tutoring and classroom support through the UIW work-study program
- Number Name Math Project exploring not only numbers but concepts, reasoning and mathematical thinking
- Counseling Services through professionals at the University of the Incarnate Word
Does the school provide a cultural fit with activities to create a well-rounded student as well as a strong culture within the school community?
St Peter’s provides:
- Full-time teachers providing enrichment in theatre arts, music, art, Spanish and weekly library time.
- Various middle school electives from drama, sports, yearbook, music, chess, Quiz Bowl and more.
- Access to on-site classes after school (ballet, piano, etc.)
- Partnership with the San Antonio Symphony for fourth and fifth grade students
- Parish School with weekly mass
- Required service hours for students and parents
- Tiger Spirit Program promoting Tolerance, Integrity, Generosity, Empathy and Responsibility
- Diogras Award program with peer nominated recognition for student work outside the classroom including leadership, music, character, sportsmanship, visual fine arts, creativity and citizenship.
- After School Care service on-campus until 6 p.m.
- On-campus Scouting programs for all ages
- Active Parent Teacher Council and School Council
Do you have financial flexibility and a visible return on your investment?
St. Peter’s provides:
- A three percent prepay discount
- Four different tuition payment plans and no credit card processing fees
- Free morning care
- Each graduating St. Peter’s student receives a $1500 per year scholarship to either Brainpower High School and a $1500 per year college scholarship to the University of the Incarnate Word
- St. Peter’s provides a $100 tuition discount for members of the military
- PTC sponsored 8th grade scholarship
- Buckley scholarship valued at $4,500 based on need
Is the school concerned with the total health of your student?
St. Peter’s offers:
- Physical education and health for primary and middle schools
- Access to the University of the Incarnate Word facilities
- Catered school meals aligned with healthy guidelines for children
- Worth the Wait Program for grades 6th-8th
- radKIDS® training for primary and middle school students
- Middle school sports including golf, football, basketball, baseball, softball, track, soccer and volleyball
- Tennis program through University of the Incarnate Word
- CYO sports program for grades K4-5th
- Member of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Founded in 1926, St. Peter Prince of the Apostles School has consistently developed students with big hearts and strong minds in the San Antonio community. Offering full day classes for Pre-Kindergarten children starting at age three through eight grade, our continued success has largely been built on the excellent quality and qualifications of our faculty and staff, dedicated families and school and church community. At St. Peter's, we not only focus on a strong academic foundation, but also on a well-balanced, healthy, spiritual experience for each child.
Small, focused class sizes, taught by experienced teachers reinforces St. Peter’s adherence to high-quality academic standards. St. Peter's is a two-time winner of the prestigious National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence and a part of the University of the Incarnate Word Brainpower Connection. In the 2012-2013 school year, St. Peter's had more than 27 students from fourth through eight grade invited to participate in the nationally recognized Duke University Talent Search. Our distinguished fine arts and sports programs and adoption of the Healthy Schools Initiative are just a few of the ways St. Peter's builds healthy minds and well-rounded students.
Keeping true to its roots of accommodating students from diverse backgrounds and cultures, the St. Peter’s community draws students from almost 70 zip codes in the metro San Antonio area.